Partial parental control can be configured on Android and without the use of special applications. But if you plan to limit your child’s access not only to the Play Store , but also to websites with unwanted content or potentially dangerous programs, you will have to use a special software. Next, we will explain how to configure parental controls on your phone.
- Kaspersky Safe Kids 1 Kaspersky Safe Kids
- Как настроить Kaspersky Safe Kids 1.1 How to configure Kaspersky Safe Kids
- Родительский контроль в Play Маркет 2 Parental Controls in the Play Store
- Google Family Link 3 Google Family Link
- Как настроить Google Family Link 3.1 How to set up Google Family Link
- Другие способы ограничить доступ к смартфону 4 Other ways to restrict smartphone access
Kaspersky Safe Kids
Kaspersky Safe Kids - perhaps the most popular application for parental control from the company Kaspersky . The program blocks content that is potentially dangerous for children and allows you to limit the time for using a smartphone. Opportunities:
- Automatic blocking of dangerous sites and content.
- Restrictions on the use of the device.
- Display the child's location on the online map in real time (only in the PRO version) with the ability to designate a “safe” perimeter that cannot be left.
- Notifications and reports.
In addition, Kaspersky Safe Kids allows you to monitor the child’s activity on the social networks Facebook, VKontakte. Despite the fact that most of the features are available only in the paid PRO version of the application, almost all the necessary parental control functions are available in the free version.
How to configure Kaspersky Safe Kids
An account is required to work with Kaspersky Safe Kids . Therefore, before downloading the application, be sure to create an account on the official website . How to set up parental controls:
Attention : for Kaspersky Safe Kids to work, you must use one account for parents and children.
Step 1 . Download and install Kaspersky Safe Kids on the child’s phone. When you first start, you will need to familiarize yourself with the license agreement, allow the application to make and manage calls, and then log in to your account (you can create an account on the official Kaspersky website).
Step 2 . To configure parental control, specify that the child will use the smartphone. After that, create a profile of the child - enter the name, date of birth.
Step 3 . Make the application an administrator to set up parental controls on the child’s smartphone and add Kaspersky Safe Kids to autorun.
Step 4 . In the accessibility settings, activate the Kaspersky Safe Kids service . This is necessary so that the application can process user actions and collect data. After that, give the application the remaining permissions.
Step 5 . You can follow the child’s actions and adjust other parameters from another phone. To do this, simply install Kaspersky Safe Kids on your smartphone and select the parent account.
You can configure parental controls from your computer. To do this, log in to your account on the official website of Kaspersky . The Kaspersky Safe Kids application is free, but if you want to gain access to additional functionality, it is better to purchase the PRO version.
Parental Controls in the Play Store
If you need to restrict access only to digital content from the Play Store , then you can use the built-in Android functionality. At the same time, without special applications, it is impossible to prohibit the launch of applications already installed on the smartphone, using the browser, changing other settings. How to put parental controls on the Play Store :
Step 1 . Launch on the Play Store smartphone and go to Settings . To do this, swipe to the right or click on the icon in the form of three bars.
Step 2 . In the "Personal" section , click on the item "Parental Control" . Here, move the slider to “Enabled” and create a PIN code.
Step 3 . In the content filtering settings, select the maximum allowed rating for games and applications, movies, music. To do this, select the desired and be sure to click "Save" .
After that, all content available on the Play Store will be filtered according to the settings that have been set. To disable parental control, you will need to enter a PIN code.
Google Family Link
Google Family Link is a free parental control app from Google LLC . The utility is distributed in two versions (for children, for parents) and allows you to restrict access to certain Google services and applications from third-party developers. Other features:
- Tracking child's actions (statistics of the most popular applications, time of use).
- Lists of recommended content (depending on the selected age).
- Restrictions on the use of the smartphone during the day, as well as the ability to completely lock the device at night.
- Remote control to lock.
- Control of purchases and downloads of digital content (games, music, movies)
In addition, you can set up various notifications using Google Family Link . For example, to receive alerts if the child tries to bypass the restriction.
How to set up Google Family Link
The Google Family Link app is available in two versions. The first is installed on the device of the parent, the second on the child's smartphone. How to set parental controls through Google Family Link :
Step 1 . Via the Play Store, install Google Family Link (for parents) on your Android app . When you first start, specify the account and note that the parent will use the phone.
Step 2 . For parental control, you need to create a family group and make your account (parent) an administrator. This can be done directly through Google Family Link. To do this, click "Start . " If you are already an administrator, then you will have the "Continue" button.
Step 3 . If the child already has a Google account (mail should end with @gmail), then click "Yes" , otherwise create it. After that click "Next". A code appears on the screen that you need to enter into Google Family Link (for children) .
Attention : further parental control is configured on the child’s phone.
Step 4 . Download and install the Google Family Link app (for children) on your child’s smartphone. When you first start, select a child account. If there are other accounts connected to the phone, their data will be completely deleted from the device.
Step 5 . Enter the code that appeared on the Google Family Link screen (for parents) and re-enter your Gmail account password. After that click "Next" .
Step 6 . If the child’s account is not yet in the family group, then you must confirm consent to participate. To do this, click "Join . " After that, see the list of actions that the parent account can perform on this phone.
Step 7 . Click "Allow" to enable parental controls on your phone and enable the profile manager. To do this, click "Activate device administrator" .
Step 8 . Enter a name for the device and immediately mark the applications that the child cannot launch (can be changed at any other time). This completes the setup phase.
After that, you can install various restrictions on the child’s phone (using the “parent” application Google Family Link ) and monitor its activity on the Internet.
Other ways to restrict smartphone access
If necessary, you can restrict access to the smartphone (not necessarily a child) in other ways. Especially if one device is used by several people. Consider them below:
- Utilities that allow you to set passwords for running certain applications. Suitable for those who want to restrict access to specific files or programs.
- Creating a guest profile. Some smartphones support multiple accounts. Therefore, you can create a child guest profile so that he does not have access to your personal files and applications.
- Baby version of the application. In order not to completely deny access to the application, use the children's version (for example, Youtube Kids ), which automatically blocks unwanted content.
- Provider restrictions. If you want to really limit your child’s access to unwanted content, then pay attention to the special offers of providers. So you can completely restrict the child access to certain web portals when connected via home Wi-Fi .
To protect your child from potentially dangerous content, it is recommended to use complex measures. In addition, do not forget to update your privacy settings and various restrictions that will help block unwanted web portals and applications on time.