A short battery life of a smartphone is an actual problem of a modern person, for whom it is important to always stay in touch. Because of this lack of gadgets, users are forced to regularly incur additional costs - to purchase external batteries , to pay for charging services in stores, even to buy "second" phones that can "secure" the main device if it "sits down."
However, the fact that the gadget is quickly discharged, as a rule, the user himself is much more to blame than the manufacturer. By following some rules for charging your smartphone, you can significantly increase the duration of its battery life.
- Почему на телефоне быстро садится зарядка? 1 Why does the phone charge fast?
- Медленная зарядка: какова причина? 1.1 Slow charging: what is the reason?
- Как заряжать телефон: главные правила 2 How to charge the phone: the main rules
- Как правильно заряжать новый аккумулятор? 2.1 How to charge a new battery?
- Как выбрать зарядное устройство для смартфона? 3 How to choose a charger for a smartphone?
- Заключение 4 Conclusion
Why is the phone charging fast?
The user should not be surprised by the fact that a simple "dialer" is able to work without an outlet for 1-2 weeks, while the smartphone sits down just a day after the last charge. The functionality of push-button telephones is usually so primitive that there is simply nothing to put the battery on. At the same time, smartphones have a whole arsenal of additional options, thanks to which they can successfully replace navigators, cameras, game consoles and other highly specialized devices. All these options are rapidly "eating up" amps.
Here are the main enemies of smartphone batteries:
- Wi-Fi . If the Wi-Fi module is turned on, battery consumption is much faster. If the smartphone is also activated distribution of wireless Internet, you can see how the countdown percent battery charging goes right before our eyes.
- Geolocation . Thanks to the included geolocation, the user of the mobile device is able to track their location on the map and find out whether it is far from the destination point. Many people do not feel this need, but because of their smartphones geolocation works for nothing, devouring precious milliamps.
- Long conversations . In the specifications, the approximate battery life of gadgets is always indicated in 2 versions: in standby mode and in talk mode . Talk time is significantly shorter. The user should, if possible, replace live chat with social networks and instant messengers, if he wants his device to hold on without recharging for longer.
Contrary to popular belief, applications that are open on a smartphone in the background have almost no effect on battery consumption. Running the program from scratch is a much more energy-consuming procedure, so if you use an application all the time, it makes no sense to close it every time.
The reason for fast battery consumption is not always at the software level. Perhaps the whole thing in a technical malfunction, low quality battery or in its wear. Every battery has its own lifetime, which is measured in the number of charging cycles. Upon reaching the threshold value, the smartphone with each new charge starts to sit down faster.
The iPhone has an approximate battery life of 500 cycles — one and a half to two years of use. From the 501st cycle, the battery of the "apple" gadget is taken to lose efficiency. Upon reaching the 1000th cycle, the battery capacity, as a rule, is only 50% of the original. You can find out the number of charge cycles on the iPhone using Battery Life .
Slow charging: what is the reason?
The reason that the smartphone is charging slowly is hardly a malfunction of the gadget and its components. Most likely, the problem lies in the elements of the charger or in the power source.
If the smartphone is not recharged from the outlet, but from the laptop or PC port, do not expect the battery to fill up to the brim in the usual time. The USB 2.0 port provides only 2.5 watts of power , while approximately 5 watts are required to recharge a 3000 mAp battery. Better with the task of charging gadgets cope ports of format 3.0 , giving 4.5 W , but the presence of such ports is not able to boast at all every computer.
Poor quality of the USB cable and insufficient adapter specifications can also be causes of slow charging. When choosing an adapter, you should pay attention to the power of the current - an indicator, expressed in amperes (A). If the 1-amp adapter, according to the user, does not cope, you should try a more powerful device. Such a wonderful adapter , for example, is sold on the Chinese marketplace GearBest - 2 ports of 1A and 2 more for 2.4A:
There is no need to worry about the fact that a too powerful current "burns down" the smartphone - all gadgets have special charging controllers that do not allow more current than the device is able to withstand.
How to charge the phone: the main rules
Mobile technology users still remember the rule from the 2000s: discharge the phone to 0%, then charge it completely . The rule is relevant only for nickel batteries, which are not currently found “during the day with fire”. Most smartphones are equipped with lithium-ion batteries that can not be discharged to zero - it causes them irreparable harm!
Experts of the Battery University portal found out that if you connect the device to the outlet at 50% charge, the smartphone battery will last almost 4 times longer!
- Do not leave a fully charged smartphone plugged into an outlet — especially overnight. This leads to overheating of the battery and, as a result, to a reduction in the duration of its operation. To avoid disastrous consequences, the user should pay attention to pulsed memory - how they differ from the usual, we will tell later.
- Monitor the temperature . While recharging a smartphone, and so heats up - if it is also left in the sun, then it can easily fail.
- Regularly feed your smartphone - at least a little bit. Short-term charging is not a destructive measure for modern lithium-ion batteries - this is proven by an organization called the University of Battery Research and Production (Cadex) . In order to be able to feed the gadget in any conditions, you should purchase the so-called Power Bank - an external battery. Our site has already talked about how to choose an external battery for a smartphone.
- Once every three months (but not more often) completely discharge the smartphone and charge up to 100%. This measure will allow you to calibrate the electronics, which is responsible for correctly displaying the percent charge. A user who neglects such a measure should not be surprised that his gadget "suddenly" turns off at 5-10%.
- Do not allow deep discharge . This concept implies a long stay of a smartphone in a discharged state. The gadget is depleted and is not turned on - one of the most common complaints of users applying for warranty service.
The recommendation to use for recharging only original accessories is highly questionable. Of course, it is better to feed the gadget with the memory that was included. However, if it fails, the user will face a serious dilemma because of the understandable desire to save - because the original accessory is two to three times more expensive than the universal one.
In fact, there is no big difference between the universal and the original memory . If the universal charging for the smartphone is made by a well-known company, and not by the Chinese “know-me”, it will not destroy the gadget.
How to charge a new battery?
Follow the advice three times to discharge and charge a new smartphone - the surest way to "ruin" the battery in the first days of use. So it was necessary to do it again with nickel batteries - as for lithium, then each complete discharge significantly reduces their service life.
Modern gadgets do not have special requirements for the first charge. Users do not need to believe in the "noodles" that they are "hung on their ears" consultants and "pseudo-experts" thematic sites.
The owner of the smartphone is best to take instructions, find what it says about the duration of charging, and leave the gadget connected to an outlet for the time specified in the manual. After this time, you should disconnect the device from 100% charge from the power supply and then follow the rules listed above.
How to choose a charger for a smartphone?
Many of the parameters that you should pay attention to when choosing a charger for your phone have already been mentioned in this article. Here are the characteristics that matter:
Output current . It is necessary to buy a charger for the phone, which provides a current of at least 2.1 A - then with the help of this accessory you can charge both a smartphone and a tablet. Batteries of smartphones need 0.7 - 1 A for charging, more capacious tablets batteries - 2 A. If the user tries to feed the tablet with a device for 1 A, charging will occur "in a snail".
Voltage . From a school course in physics, it can be recalled that voltage is the quotient from dividing power (W) by amperage (A). We talked about the fact that for charging a device with a medium-capacity battery, a current of about 5 W is needed. This means that the required voltage is inversely related to the current strength. For example, if charging provides an output current of 2.1 A, then a voltage of 2.4 V (2.1 × 2.4) will suffice. If the power is only 1 A, more volts will be needed - namely, 5. The voltage can reach 20 V - if the fast charging technology is used.
Type All chargers are conditionally classified into 2 types: transformer and pulse . Pulsed are characterized by the fact that they are equipped with timers that can automatically stop charging. The mode of fast charging of a pulse memory lasts about 4 hours - this time, as a rule, is enough for the battery to manage to collect the main share of its capacity. Then the energy begins to be supplied in small portions, "impulses" - so that the smartphone does not lose charge.
All users are advised to use pulsed chargers for charging - so you can not worry about the fact that the gadget overheats, and quietly leave the "mobile phone" connected to the outlet for the night.
Construction and design . Solid chargers that do not allow the user to disconnect the wire from the power supply are a thing of the past. The acquisition of such a charge is unprofitable , because the owner of the gadget has to buy a USB cable “in the appendix” to it - if he intends to download data from a PC to a smartphone.
It is more expedient to purchase a cable and an adapter equipped with several ports. An excellent 4 port adapter with different voltage readings can be found on the GearBest marketplace.
With this adapter, the user gets the opportunity to charge two or more mobile devices at the same time - for this you only need to purchase a second cable, which is much cheaper than additional charge.
When ordering an adapter for charging on a Chinese website, the user must also pay attention to the type of plug . For Russian outlets, European standard plugs are needed - as in the figure on the left above.
The illustration also shows forks for American , British and Australian standards, respectively. Naturally, they will not fit our outlets - the British plug generally has 3 plugs.
Unfortunately, domestic users continue to persistently believe the common myths about charging mobile devices. They do not even suspect that by striving, for example, to discharge smartphone batteries to the end, they are doing a bad service to their devices. Recommendations, deposited in the memory of users in the 2000s, relevant to nickel batteries . In modern smartphones there are lithium-ion batteries , the requirements for the care of which are completely different.