The devices considered today are designed to get a smartphone out of your pocket as little as possible. You don’t like it when you have to perform this action, and as a result you see some kind of advertising SMS from your operator? With smart watches, everything is simpler: you turned your hand, read the notification and brushed it off. It takes a matter of seconds! You can read in our detailed article about what a smart watch is .
Apple Watch Series 5
- Dimensions: 34 x 40 x 10.7 mm / 38 x 44 x 10.7 mm
- Weight: 30.1g / 36.7g
- Built-in sensors: GPS, NFC , accelerometer, heart rate monitor, altimeter, gyroscope
- Display: 40 mm / 44 mm, OLED , 324 x 394/368 x 448 pixels
Price: from 32 990 rub.
Externally, Series 5 is no different from the fourth series, however, the new line contains models not only from aluminum, but also titanium and ceramic. Together with the new firmware, the Apple Watch Series 5 received the function of a constantly working display. It completely changes the idea of modern smart watches: you no longer need to twist your wrist to see the time. This is also a plus to the design, the watch no longer looks like a dead black square on the hand, it is always vibrant and colorful, and the gadget itself determines how bright the backlight should be. Always On Display is a special convenience for training: on a constantly working screen, the user can observe how progress indicators are changing.
The watch is equipped with a built-in compass. It can be used during hiking and hiking. All this pleasure has a significant minus: a small battery. With active use, the charge melts before our eyes. If you listen to music from the clock and leave the heart rate monitor turned on, there will definitely not be enough for the whole day.
- Function of the constantly switched on display.
- There is a compass.
- Support for watchOS 6 with cycling mode.
- The ability to install additional applications from the AppStore.
- Weak autonomy: only 18 hours of work.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
- Dimensions: 40 x 40 x 10.9 mm / 44 x 44 x 10.9 mm
- Weight: 26g / 30g
- Built-in sensors: GPS, NFC, accelerometer, heart rate monitor, gyroscope
- Display: 40 mm / 44 mm, AMOLED , 360 x 360 pixels
Price: from 17 750 rubles.
Having bought this watch, owners of Apple smartphones will face several difficulties. Galaxy Watch Active 2 is only partially compatible with iOS. The native Health application for the iPhone will not see them, so you will have to additionally download the Samsung counterpart. Also, through iPhone applications it will not be possible to change the dials and answer calls. The rest of the watch’s functionality will remain available, and the listed inconvenience will not threaten users of Android smartphones at all.
Galaxy Watch Active 2 is able to play the role of an advanced fitness tracker, music player and payment tool. A special version of the watch has an LTE module. They have protection against dust and moisture of the WR50 class (not the best choice for swimmers, but you can take a shower in this watch and walk in the rain without any fear). The clock can also keep a record of sleep, although this option is not very accurate.
- Automatic tracking of physical activity.
- Always active display.
- Compatible with iOS and Android.
- Save tracks from Spotify for offline listening.
- There is a quick charge .
- An update with an ECG removal function is not available in Russia.
- Inaccurate determination of sleep phases.
- Short autonomy - 1-2 days.
- Some sports modes do not give detailed indicators.
- The FLAC audio format is not supported.
Apple Watch Series 3
- Dimensions: 33.3 x 38.6 x 11.4 mm / 36.4 x 42.5 x 11.4 mm
- Weight: 26.7g / 32.3g
- Built-in sensors: GPS, NFC, accelerometer, gyroscope, heart rate monitor, altimeter
- Display: 38 mm / 42 mm, OLED, 272 x 340/312 x 390 pixels
Price: from 15 990 rub.
Apple is working to ensure that its smart watch is not just an addition to the smartphone, but its alternative. With the new Apple Watch Series 5, the company is one step closer to the goal. However, those iPhone owners who are not chasing the latest technical bells and whistles should definitely look towards Series 3. Today, this is the most affordable option from Apple's smart watches.
As for the design, elegantly thin frames like in Series 4 or 5 do not smell here. However, this feature is unlikely to scare away buyers waiting for a simple and reliable functionality from the gadget. The watch is not large, but the set of sensors inside it allows you to accurately monitor the daily routine and conduct business. The heart rate monitor supports two operating modes - continuous and on demand. There are modules for contactless payments and GPS. 8 GB of memory is allocated for music. Water protection allows you to use the watch in the rain and in the shower, but prolonged swimming and diving are not recommended for them: the WR50 class protection withstands water pressure at a depth of no more than 5 meters.
- Very light.
- A good set of fitness features.
- Voice control.
- Weak autonomy (about 18 hours).
- When LTE is on, the battery runs out quickly.
Garmin vivoactive 3
- Dimensions: 43.4 x 43.4 x 11.7 mm
- Weight: 43g
- Built-in sensors: accelerometer, compass, thermometer, heart rate monitor
- Display: 43 mm, 240 x 240 pixels
Price: from 16 700 rub.
The design of this model will appeal to both a business person and an athlete. And here the best technologies of the Garmin brand are reflected. The functionality includes a huge number of outdoor and indoor activities, including such specific sports as golf, snowboarding and yoga. If this is not enough, the user can program their own mode with the necessary indicators.
A huge plus is the battery life. With a full training load with an active GPS, the gadget will last about 13 hours. A rare competitor manages to achieve the same result. With moderate use, Vivioactive 3 lasts for 6-7 days.
- There is an Always On option.
- Extensive statistics on physical activity.
- Good autonomy.
- You can create your own training regimen.
- Sleep metering mode and compass are not always accurate.
- Dimensions: 25 x 51.3 x 6 mm
- Weight: 31g
- Built-in sensors: GPS, accelerometer, compass, altimeter, heart rate monitor
- Display: 1.28 ”, E-Ink, 176 x 176 pixels
Price: from 3 690 rub.
The watch is affordable and multi-functional. Their developer is the Chinese company Xiaomi , which has earned the title of “national” manufacturer of equipment. Despite the low cost, Amazfit Bip offer all the basic technologies for a healthy lifestyle.
There are four sports modes - walking, running on the street, running on a track and a bicycle. The watch is perfectly compatible with Android and iOS. You can wear them without taking off for a very long time: with economical use of the charge, it lasts for 2-3 weeks. This is perhaps the main advantage of the Amazfit Bip, thanks to which the watch is on the list of the best.
- The design resembles the Apple Watch.
- Padded strap.
- There is a GPS.
- Affordable price.
- Water resistant housing ( IP68 ).
- Long autonomy.
- There is no contactless payment option.
- Pedometer and heart rate monitor work with errors.
- Low resolution display.
- No storage for music.
- There is no way to respond to notifications right from the clock.
- False positives on a wet display.
- Dimensions: 48.1 × 52 × 14.1 mm
- Weight: 199g
- Built-in sensors: accelerometer
- Display: None
Price: from 14 900 rub.
Some people don’t buy smart watches just because in this case they will have to rely only on the LCD. On a lowered hand, such a device looks somewhat boring, since the screen stops working, turning into absolute blackness. It is for such consumers that mechanical watches are created, supplemented by smart functionality. Casio EQB-500D-1A is such a device.
The watch case is made of stainless steel, the strap is the same. As expected, time is displayed here by the arrows. The front side is covered with mineral glass, which is difficult to leave scratches on. Many mechanical watches are afraid of diving under water. Casio EQB-500D-1A does not apply - this chronometer has a protection class of WR100. This suggests that you can swim and even dive in the watch (without scuba gear). The device connects to the smartphone via Bluetooth 4.0. If you receive something by e-mail, then a smart gadget is informed about it with the help of its speaker. Casio EQB-500D-1A supports wireless charging . But you will use it extremely rarely - the creators promise up to seven months of work in normal mode. If you use the energy conservation mode, the battery life will increase even more!
- Real mechanical watches.
- The case and strap are made of steel.
- The device is not afraid of water.
- Very long battery life.
- Greatly implemented shock protection.
- Solar charging.
- Support for iOS and Android.
- There is no dial illumination.
- The minimum functionality.
- The watch may not work with some smartphones.
- The dial indicating the day of the week is located in an uncomfortable place.
- May seem heavy.
Garmin Forerunner 920XT
- Dimensions: 48 × 55 × 12.7 mm
- Weight: 61g
- Built-in sensors: altimeter, heart rate monitor (optional), accelerometer
- Display: 1.41 inches, 205 × 148 pixels
Price: from 35 950 rub.
Our rating could not do without a smart watch from Garmin, with a sporty appearance. Forerunner 920XT is a very expensive product that is almost not felt on the wrist. It collects data about your physical activity, then sending it to the Garmin Connect service. At the same time, there is ANT + support, which allows you to connect additional accessories. For example, cyclists can synchronize the clock with a cadence sensor. And also a GPS chip is introduced into the device, which works with both American and Russian navigation satellites.
This gadget is able to work with a variety of platforms. In theory, you can synchronize them even with laptops based on Windows and Mac OS. Unfortunately, there are some simplifications here that can be safely written down as flaws. For the sake of weight reduction, the creators provided the device with a plastic case that does not inspire confidence. Sadness is also caused by the water resistance class WR50 - you can still swim, but diving even to a meter deep is already strictly prohibited.
- Work with many mobile and computer platforms.
- Weight is almost not felt.
- Among the wireless modules are Bluetooth, ANT +, Wi-Fi and GPS.
- Sports design.
- Built-in altimeter.
- Not the highest waterproof class.
- There is no heart rate monitor in fact.
- The charge lasts for a day, but no more.
- Extremely high price tag.
- Dimensions: 37.5 × 40.5 × 9.5 mm
- Weight: 42.5g
- Built-in sensors: accelerometer, compass
- Display: 1.22 inch
Price: from 14 000 rub.
Very interesting smart watch. There is no speaker, no microphone - all this is possible to reduce the cost of the device. At the same time, the creators managed to minimize the weight of the gadget, in connection with which even a child can carry it on his hand. Despite the low cost, Pebble Time have a water resistance class of WR50 - they can wash dishes, be in the shower and even swim, but not dive.
The screen was created using a special technology - the image on it is always visible. The backlight lights up only when you need it. All of the above had a positive effect on battery life - one charge lasts for five to six days!
- A very long time.
- There is some water resistance.
- Interact with almost any smartphone.
- Extremely light weight.
- Time is displayed on an ongoing basis.
- Not the biggest functionality.
- Not very convenient buttons.
- Incomplete Russification of the interface.
- Plastic case and simplest strap.
- Dimensions: 46 × 46 mm
- Weight: 54.5g
- Built-in sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, light sensor, built-in heart rate monitor with the ability to continuously measure heart rate
- Display: 1.34 inches, touch, 320 by 300 pixels
Price: from 6 580 rubles
The Amazfit Pace smart watch has a round sports design, a ceramic case with protection against water and dust according to the IP67 standard, and scratch-resistant glass. The dual-core processor controls the wrist gadget. He is helped by 512 MB of RAM and 4 GB of internal memory. There are modules Bluetooth 4.0 LE, Wi-Fi and GPS / GLONASS. The battery capacity is 280 mAh. The claimed battery life is 35 hours. Charging time is 40 minutes.
- Rugged, waterproof housing.
- Good battery life.
- Enough flash memory.
- Modern design.
- Few RAM.
Apple Watch Series 4 (40 mm)
- Dimensions: 34 × 40 × 10.7 mm
- Weight: 30.1g
- Built-in sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, altimeter, light sensor, built-in heart rate monitor with the ability to continuously measure heart rate, ECG
- Display: 1.57 inch
Price: from 24 800 rubles
Smart watches Apple Watch Series 4 received a stylish aluminum-ceramic case, equipped with a dual-core 64-bit S4 processor. There are Wi-Fi modules (802.11b / g / n, 2.4 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS / GLONASS, Galileo and QZSS. The built-in flash memory is 16 GB. The latest Apple gadget is protected against water and dust according to ISO 22810: 2010 (WR50). Smart watches can be immersed to a depth of 50 meters. The claimed battery life is 18 hours.
- Stylish aluminum and ceramic case.
- Protection against water and dust.
- A lot of internal memory.
- Many declared modules.
- Low autonomy.
Garmin fenix 5
- Dimensions: 47 × 47 × 15.5 mm
- Weight: 85g
- Built-in sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, thermometer, altimeter, built-in heart rate monitor with the ability to continuously measure heart rate
- Display : 1.2 inches, 240 by 240 pixels
Price: from 29 300 rubles
The Garmin Fenix 5 has an aggressive design and stainless steel case with strong protection against water and dust (WR100). RAM - 64 MB. There is support for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, ANT + and GPS / GLONASS modules. The declared battery life is 24 hours. In standby mode, this smart watch can stay up to 336 hours.
- Effective aggressive stainless steel case.
- Serious protection against water and dust.
- Decent battery life.
- A small amount of RAM.
Huawei Watch GT Sport
- Dimensions: 46.5 × 46.5 × 10.6 mm
- Weight: 46g
- Built-in sensors : accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, altimeter, light sensor, built-in heart rate monitor with the ability to continuously measure heart rate
- Display: AMOLED, 1.39 inches, 454 by 454 pixels
Price: from 9 890 rubles
The smart watch Huawei Watch GT Sport has a rare AMOLED screen for the segment, 16 MB of RAM and 128 MB of internal memory. The case is made of stainless steel using ceramics. There is support for modules Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, and GPS / GLONASS, as well as the Galileo navigation system. The housing is protected against moisture and dust (WR50). The battery capacity is 420 mAh. Claimed battery life - 22 hours, standby time - 720 hours. Charging time - 2 hours.
- Robust and waterproof housing.
- High-quality AMOLED screen.
- Normal battery life and excellent standby time.
- Low memory footprint.